Tuesday 19 June 2012

Oia, Santorini

Oia (pronounced as ee-ya) is an architectural picturesque town, and famous for its unique Venetian houses which were drenched in bright white color under the blue blue sky. Along the cliff of Oia are the remaining houses that survived from a large volcanic eruption many years ago which eventually sunk the center of the island.

Oia is surrounded by the ever blue Aegean Sea and remains as one of the popular tourist attractions. Oia looks amazing under a clear blue sky, but whenever the sun is setting, it turns to a even more beautiful paradise on earth that words can hardly describe. Well, I guess we were lucky enough to "witness" the sunset of Oia just before we got back to our cruise.

However, I shall only post some sunset scene right after this album. Hope you enjoy the photographs.

Happy viewing!!!

Interesting shadow

One, two, three donkeys!!!

Follow the sign



The topography of the mountainous land 

That's one scary cornering


Sweet and tasty wine






Ester likes the blue doors

This will be our meeting point





Love the cement ledge








What a view








Lining up for the toilet, 50 cent (EURO) per pax

Poochie poochie

I didn't have time for toilet-ing, so I walk around

Right: The only cat I spotted at Oia...






Cigarette couple


Lovely typo


Lazy dog under the sunny sunlight



"Honey, let's go this way, I hate the crowd." So do I :P


When a round window meets a square window

Proof that we were here, yeah!!!

This dog followed the tourists around


Some gallery








The weird statue

"Dear, how you want me to pose?"


Swoosh!!!

Blue dome against blue sky

Woon is looking for some scenes

The couple just "stationed" at this spot, wonder if they're waiting for the sunset


The iconic buildings



White rules

"Wow, I've walked a long way."

This cool gentleman gave me a cool smirk as he saw me aiming at him

A wider view of Oia coast (right side)

Another wider view of Oia coast (left side)

Whoa, this lady sure know how to pose for camera, too bad I don't know her :P

Nice art




Heading back to meeting point

Left: That's a BIG dawg

No comments:

Post a Comment