Sunday 6 May 2012

Kimie La Ballerine

A classical dance swaying into the modern day environment. Featuring Kimie, a professional ballerina who started dancing while she was only 4 years old. She's been doing ballet for 14 years, ain't it amazing?

Everything has its beginning, and this is the first time I photographed a real life ballerina. I've been seeing a few website which presenting beautiful pictures of ballerinas across the world and it truly inspires me to get started in ballet photography. This style of photography is more like a mixture of environmental portrait and standard portraiture photography. In order to make the photos more "gracefully" looking, the pictures must be taken in a more artistic way.

A big thanks to Kimie for volunteering to have her beautiful moves and poses to be documented through my perspective. This session truly opened my eyes to ballet, and I am looking forward to photographing something like this in near future.

So these are what I have taken last Monday, on April 30th 2012. I hope you all love this ballet assignment. Happy viewing!!!





















































2 comments: